To our brave service members past and present: We thank you for your service and dedication. This Memorial Day we are thinking of you and the loved ones we have lost.
Category Archives: Memorial Day
Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect occasion to pack a picnic and head outdoors to enjoy the beautiful weather. First you have to decide what dishes to bring. Typical picnic foods can include hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and cookies, which are not the healthiest choices (though they may be delicious). If you’re looking for better options, here are 10 healthy finger-food ideas for your next picnic outing!
2. Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
3. Grilled Vegetables (zucchini, squash, mushrooms, etc.)
4. Pita Chips with Hummus
5. Homemade Trail Mix (dried fruits and nuts)
6. Turkey Sandwiches with low-fat ingredients (whole-grain bread, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and low-fat cheese)
7. Shrimp and Lemon Skewers
9. Fruit Salad
10. Angel Food Cake (low in calories) with fresh fruit and fat-free whipped cream
Now that your basket is packed with delicious foods, it’s time to head out and enjoy the beauty of nature!
To our brave service members past and present: we thank you for your service and dedication. We are thinking of you and the loved ones we have lost this Memorial Day.
And for those families awaiting the return home of your soldiers, this is what you have to look forward to: