Check out these strange sleep laws:
- Tulsa, Oklahoma has a law that prohibits people from sleeping while wearing boots. However, wearing shoes to bed is perfectly acceptable.
- In Minneapolis, Minnesota it is illegal to sleep naked, even in your own bed, in a home that you own.
- In different parts of Maryland, a woman may not go through her husband’s pockets while he is sleeping.
- In Clawson, Michigan they have a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, or chickens.
- In the state of Washington it is illegal to sleep in another person’s outhouse without having their permission first.
- In Logan County, Colorado it is illegal to kiss a sleeping woman.
- Although it is thought to be common knowledge that sleeping while driving is highly dangerous, Tennessee ensures that there is no confusion by having a law that makes driving a car while sleeping illegal.
- Pilots in Tulsa, Oklahoma must sleep 10 hours before flying two planes in one day.
- Pennsylvania law prohibits people from sleeping on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
- In Delaware it is not only illegal to sleep on a public bench it is also illegal to pretend to be sleeping.
- Sleep laws do not apply to just humans but to animals, too. In Santa Ana, California it is illegal to let a horse sleep in a bakery.
So when you go to sleep tonight, make sure you are not wearing your boots while sleeping on top of your outdoor refrigerator (but only if you are in Tulsa or Pennsylvania).