Mother’s day is only days away. Show your mom how much you love her with a thoughtful gift straight from the heart.
- Plan an Outing: Take your mom to her favorite restaurant, museum, play, movie, concert, or some other event she would enjoy
- Plan a Special At-Home Treat: Make her breakfast in bed, or plan a night in, make her a delicious dinner, then watch a video and relax.
- Create a gift from things you have around the house, such as this no-sew t-shirt pillow:
- Make Her Kitchen Mason-Jar Herb Garden:Use a piece of wood and affix the quart-size mason jars using heavy-duty stainless hose clamps, adding chalkboard strips for labeling. Place gravel or clay shards at the bottom of the jars to avoid rot.Click HERE for the full tutorial.
- Paint a Tin-Can Mini Flower Pot: Transform tin cans into elegant containers for potted roses with a can of spray paint in a bright and stylish color.
- Give Her the Gift of Relaxation: Gift your mom a relaxing gift basket filled with assorted “tub teas.” pampering items, lotions, etc., to help with sleepless nights.
- Glass Vase Centerpiece:Use recycled glass wine bottles in a pine or whitewood frame and with fresh flowers. For a full tutorial on creating this gift, visit Shanty 2 Chic.
- Recipe Ring:
A great easy gift to help keep your mom’s special recipes. Type out recipes with 6” long and 4” tall dimensions so you are able to glue them onto note cards. Print the recipes onto different-colored paper. You can even color code them according to side dish, entree, dessert, etc. Cut out and glue to note cards; laminate if possible. Hole-punch the top left corner and add a ring. You can even attach a new bright spatula or whisk to the ring for a fun extra addition. Click HERE for the full tutorial.
- Head Outdoors:
Enjoy the great outdoors with a trip to the park for a picnic, or plan a hike to a favorite outdoor area.
- Framed Memory: A picture can be worth a thousand words, so give your mom a favorite picture of you or your siblings, or even the two of you together.
- Send a Thoughtful Card: Skip the funny card from the card aisle at the grocery store and make your own. Include a note about how special your mom is to you.
This Mother’s Day, make sure to do a little something extra special!