Great last minute Father’s Day gift ideas:
Don’t forget your dad this Father’s Day.
Here are some great gift ideas for your special dad.
- Plan an Outing: Take your dad to his favorite restaurant or plan a family fishing trip, hike with a picnic, movie, concert, or sporting event that he would enjoy.
- Plan a special at-home treat: Make him breakfast in bed, or plan a night in you can make his favorite dinner, then watch a video and relax.
- Build him an eco-inspired bird house out of a recycled bottle – HERE
- Get dad some new items for the barbecue to inspire more summer night barbecues.
- Show dad how much he’s appreciated by making a homemade picture frame. Here’s a link for some creatives ways to make a frame – HERE
- Create a gift basket and fill it with some of his favorite things. Maybe pick a theme based on his hobbies or favorite treats and fill the basket based on the theme. Some great examples of theme ideas: sportsman, coffee lover, sweet-tooth fanatic, bookworm, Mr. Fix It, film buff or outdoorsman, to name just a few.
- Get him a digital magazine subscription or pick out some books by his favorite author at a used bookstore.
This Father’s Day, show dad how important he is and how much he’s loved.
Father’s Day is a great time to recognize all of the wonderful things dads have done for their children this year. There are many ways to show appreciation, like planning a special event, finding that perfect gift, or doing something nice to help him out. Here are some ideas that are fun for Dad and friendly for the environment.
Prepare an organic breakfast-in-bed
Buy him a nice organic-cotton tie, shirt, or bathrobe
Take him on a trip to a farmer’s market or a local restaurant
Take him to a concert, festival, or sporting event
Set up a hammock for him in the backyard so he can relax
Take him bird watching and take pictures of birds you see
Go on a hike or bicycle ride and spend some quality time together
Get a pair of fishing poles and take him out to the river
Find a nice recipe for dinner that the two of you can make together
Whatever you decide to do, the best part of Father’s Day will be spending some quality time together!
Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect occasion to pack a picnic and head outdoors to enjoy the beautiful weather. First you have to decide what dishes to bring. Typical picnic foods can include hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and cookies, which are not the healthiest choices (though they may be delicious). If you’re looking for better options, here are 10 healthy finger-food ideas for your next picnic outing!
2. Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
3. Grilled Vegetables (zucchini, squash, mushrooms, etc.)
4. Pita Chips with Hummus
5. Homemade Trail Mix (dried fruits and nuts)
6. Turkey Sandwiches with low-fat ingredients (whole-grain bread, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and low-fat cheese)
7. Shrimp and Lemon Skewers
9. Fruit Salad
10. Angel Food Cake (low in calories) with fresh fruit and fat-free whipped cream
Now that your basket is packed with delicious foods, it’s time to head out and enjoy the beauty of nature!
Spring is finally here! After an unusually bizarre winter with the “polar vortex” swirling around the east and the dry skies in the west, we’re all ready to enjoy the pleasures of springtime. The sun is shining, maybe a little rain is still falling, but warm weather is here, hopefully to stay!
Here is a list of 10 things to do, get outside… enjoy the weather and your family and friends.
1. Read outside on a blanket in the sun
2. Go fishing with your buddies
3. Do some spring cleaning to fun music
4. Make these beautiful spring centerpieces, using simple glass jars and lemons for a touch of color!
5. Fly a kite on the beach
6. Plan a “staycation” with these cool ideas
7. Take pictures of wildflowers
8. Make this delicious “dirt cake”:
9. Walk barefoot on cool grass
10. Make a fairy garden like this one!