The OrganicPedic Earth™ Terrene is an ultra-plush, 12” sculpted-surface pillow-top mattress made with 100% natural and GOLS-certified organic natural rubber latex. It starts with a 3” core of medium, supportive latex. The core is joined with two inches of soft latex on the top and bottom and covered in our signature certified organic cotton and wool quilting. A removable two-sided pillow top (3 1/2” deep)—also made of 100% natural rubber latex—is then placed on the mattress. The pillow top is made with two surface options: our exclusive sculpted surface on one side, and a flat surface on the other. This provides sleepers with maximum comfort and flexibility. The pillow top is fully covered with our signature certified organic cotton-and-wool quilting, and is attached to the mattress using our exclusive “button-down” process.
Features and Benefits
- Sculpted surface offers pressure-point relief and increases air circulation
- Button-down pillow top can be used on either side
- Motion-absorbing construction
- Naturally mold-, mildew-, and dust-mite resistant
- Firmness: Ultra-Plush
- Depth: Approximately 12”
- Core: 100%-Natural & Certified Organic Rubber Latex
- Cover: Certified Organic Wool & Certified Organic Cotton
- Foundation: Wood Slat Padded with Sanitized Organic Cotton
- Sizes: Twin – King
- Warranty: 20-Year Limited Warranty
- *All dimensions are subject to a slight variance due to being custom made.
MSRP (mattress only): twin $4,299 • full $5,799 • queen $6,799 • king $8,599
Foundation sold separately.
For more information on the OrganicPedic™ Earth Collection or OrganicPedic™ products, click HERE.
To pair with OMI’s Certified-Organic Mattresses, we have introduced a line of Certified-Organic Pillow Toppers. The pillow tops have the same guaranteed purity as the mattresses, because they are made from the same certified-organic raw materials.
Made with certified-organic Eco-Wool™ or certified-organic latex, our pillow tops offer a welcome layer of plushness. Wool is a wonderful natural choice for a sleep surface. Cool in summer and warm in winter, it wicks away moisture and dissipates it into the air over time. Natural rubber adds a supportive softness, cushioning pressure points while resisting body impressions. Covered in certified-organic cotton sateen fabric, our pillow tops add a luxurious feel to any mattress.
The Wooly Lite (1.5”)
The economical 1.5”-deep Eco-Wool™ Wooly Lite is perfectly suited for the sleeper who needs just a little extra surface cushioning.
The Wooly (3”)
The 3”-deep Eco-Wool™ Wooly is well suited for sleepers who need a softer surface depth or who enjoy a bed with a “nesting” feel.
The Wave (3”)
The new Wave pillow top is made of 3” of GOLS-certified organic natural rubber latex encased in certified-organic cotton knit fabric. The Wave features a sculpted surface to provide comfort for sleepers with pressure-point issues. This comfortable and resilient natural-rubber pillow top provides added surface depth for sleepers, but with more firmness than a wool topper and without reducing the support of the mattress.
The Allura (2”)
Our 2”-thick natural rubber topper offers surface softness. It is made with a single core of GOLS-certified organic natural rubber latex sap, and is covered with our signature OrganicPedic® knit quilting.
The Verona (2”)
Two inches of GOLS-certified organic natural rubber latex encased in certified-organic cotton knit fabric. This super-soft layer adds that extra “ahhh” to any OMI mattress.
Everyone has had a sleepless night here and there, whether it is because of an exciting event the next day or one too many cups of coffee. For one-third of Americans, insomnia is a nightly problem that affects their daily lives.
There are a variety of causes that can be attributed to this problem. For some it can be caused by stress at home or work, a change in location, depression, anxiety, or certain medical conditions. For others it may be about sleep habits and environment. Some people eat poorly and too late in the day, others do not have a steady sleep schedule, and most have an unsupportive and uncomfortable mattress.
There are many long-term effects that can result from insomnia. It can slow reaction times, result in poor performance at work, or cause weight gain or loss, irritability, anxiety, or depression, and it may put you at a higher risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
A proper environment and schedule are key to getting great sleep, night after night. Setting up a sleeping and eating schedule can dramatically help with insomnia. Eat healthy foods earlier in the evening and make sure to give yourself a dedicated 8 hours of sleep per night. Also it is important to have a comfortable and supportive mattress. This will help to keep you from waking in the night from aches and pains. For more serious or continual insomnia cases, please seek help from a doctor.
Spring is here, the flowers are in bloom, and it’s a beautiful sight, except for those who suffer from allergies. Allergens such as pollen can cause all sorts of symptoms for allergy sufferers, such as itchy eyes, congestion, and sneezing. Many people take prescribed or over-the-counter medicines that help allergy symptoms, but some of these medicines can cause side effects that are worse than the original problem. For a more natural solution to ease mild, spring-time allergy suffering, here is a list of 10 home remedies that may be helpful:
- It’s hard enough to avoid allergens outdoors, so try not to bring them into your home, too. Keeping windows and doors shut during allergy season can help keep pollen out of your house. Eliminate any cross breeze by shutting off fans that circulate air in and out of the house. Indoor air purifiers/HEPA filters are a great added step to keep your house as allergen-free as possible.
- While being outdoors it is difficult to avoid allergens, so one great step is to wear eye protection. Wearing sunglasses (with side shields) or goggles while outside will keep pollen and other allergens from landing in your eyes and causing swelling or itching.
- Taking a steaming-hot shower has two major benefits for allergy sufferers: First, the steam soothes sinuses and clears nasal passages. The second benefit is that the shower washes away pollen and allergens from the skin and hair, preventing the spread of contaminants into your home.
- Peppermint tea has essential oils that act as an anti-inflammatory, decongestant, and mild antibacterial. A nice warm mug of peppermint tea can help alleviate irritated nasal passages and a sore throat.
- For those who don’t want to take a shower every time they feel congested, a steam bowl is a simpler way to get similar results. Fill a large bowl with steaming water (add eucalyptus oil for added relief), place a towel over your head, and take deep breathes of the eucalyptus steam.
- Another way to clear your nasal passages is to use a saline nasal rinse. There are many different methods of delivering the solution into your nasal cavity, but the basic concept is to flush out the congestion and keep the passages dry.
- For those who can handle spicy foods, wasabi and horseradish are great for clearing your sinuses. Allyl isothiocyanate is the ingredient in these two foods that activates your sinus and tear ducts to promote mucus flow. Also foods like walnuts, flaxseed, and cold-water fish, which are high in omega-3 fatty acids, are great for fighting inflammation when eaten regularly.
- There are a variety of herbs and supplements which have been studied for allergy relief, such as spirulina, goldenseal, and eyebright. The plant extract butterbur has had strong results with reducing airway inflammation, as well as bromelain, which is an enzyme found in pineapple. The stinging nettle is a plant with natural antihistamines, which can be extracted, consumed through tea, or absorbed a variety of other ways.
- Consuming locally produced honey on a regular basis is thought to build up your body’s immunity to local pollens. When bees transfer pollen from your region into honey and you eat it frequently, it can slowly inoculate you against regional pollens.
- Since you spend a third of your life in bed sleeping, it is important to protect yourself from allergens in your bedroom. Dust mites are microscopic pests that live in warm, humid environments and feed on discarded human skin cells, therefore your mattress and pillow are an ideal location for them to live and thrive in. The excrement and buildup of dead dust mites can be the cause of allergic sensitivity. To protect yourself from being exposed to dust mites and bed bugs, consider purchasing OMI’s certified-organic cotton Bed-Bug and Dust-Mite Pillow and Mattress Barrier Covers. The tight micron weave prevents these pests from invading your mattress and multiplying, giving you peace of mind and a healthier night’s sleep. Here is a link to view more information about our barrier covers:
As you are transitioning your bedding from summer to winter, think about adding a layer of comfort to the surface of your mattress with a natural rubber topper.
This 2″-deep natural rubber topper offers surface softness without taking away the support of your mattress. It’s made with a single core of USDA certified organic natural rubber latex sap, and covered with our signature OrganicPedic® knit quilting.
For more information about OMI pillow tops, click HERE.
Most people would assume that wool is used only to keep you warm on cold winter’s nights. They don’t realize how amazing wool is, and that it can actually help you keep cool in the summer.
When customers mention that they are getting too hot when they sleep, we often suggest either the Wooly pillowtop or the Wooly Lite. Both these pillowtops are filled with plush layers of our organic Eco-Wool. Wool is a great natural heat regulator, and actually wicks body heat and moisture away from you during warm nights. (It also helps regulate your body temperature during the cold winter months, so it’s a great choice year-round.) The Wooly is covered in certified-organic cotton sateen, and its feel closely resembles that of a feather bed, adding a nice, luxurious feel to any mattress.
The Wooly (3”)
The 3″-deep Eco-Wool Wooly is well suited for sleepers who need a softer surface depth or who enjoy a bed with a “nesting” feel. (Depth is approximate.)
Starting at $595
The Wooly Lite (1.5″)
The economical 1.5″-deep Eco-Wool Wooly Lite is perfectly suited for the sleeper who needs just a little extra surface cushioning. (Depth is approximate.)
Starting at $395
Contact your local retailer for more information; click HERE to find a store near you.
Add a little softness to you bed and beat the summer heat!