Romance is in the air as Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. But rather than planning on grabbing a bouquet of flowers at the check stand of your grocery store, try to keep your romance eco-friendly.
Here are 10 ideas to make your Valentine’s Day green!
- Plan a fun outing, like a trip to a new museum, art show, concert, etc.
- Cook a special dinner rather than going out.
- Give a handmade gift like this DIY wine rack.
- Paint a picture.
- Write a poem.
- Plan a picnic in the park if the weather is cooperative.
- Frame a favorite photo ot the two of you together.
- Skip the bouquet of flowers and give a potted plant that your loved one can enjoy longer and even plant in the garden.
- Buy a unique gift from a local artisan or vintage store.
- Give your full attention to your loved one(s) by making it a device-free night in with no interruptions.
However you spend Valentine’s, be sure to make it a memorable experience!